Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Chucky

Last night a camper woke me up by knocking on my door at 2:30am. He told me he couldn't sleep because he was having nightmares. I took him out into the lounge and sat down on a couch while he sat on a chair across from me. He said that he couldn't sleep because he was having nightmares about the doll from Child's Play even though he had never seen the movie. He then told me that he used to have reoccurring nightmares about the doll a few months ago and he was very afraid that because he was thinking about it now he was going to have nightmares about it every night that he was here. I talked to him for a while about how safe an environment we were in and about how he had nothing to be afraid of. After a few minutes he told me he was ready to go back to bed.

It was then that I realized what I had done: I had acted out the scene in a horror movie where one person tells the other person that their irrational fear is completely unfounded. Now the doll was going to kill me while I was sleeping and the camper was going to find my body the next morning and only he would know who had killed me in the night.

It took me quite a while to fall asleep.

2 comments:

erika398 said...

best. post. ever.

Unknown said...

I still get nightmares from that movie...
I miss you Sam!